Ask for prices
The only particulate hood to offer 99.9% protection against cancer causing particulates from the first wear for both Wildfire and Structural use.
Cancer is the most dangerous threat to firefighters’ health and safety today. Our 173 is the most advanced PTFE particulate protection hood on the market, giving firefighters 99.9% protection from cancer-causing particulates from the very first time it is worn.
Stedair Prevent offers an optimal protection against most common particulates in smoke 0.1–1.0 micron, by blocking more than 99.9% after 250 washing cycles when tested to ASTM D1776 NFPA 1971:2018
• Full particulate protection, all panels include Stedair Prevent Technology
• Stedair Prevent tested to Oeko-Tex and NFPA 1971
• Strategic panelling that’s ergonomically shaped for wearer comfort and ease of movement
• Strong flatlock seams to ensure wearer comfort, using meta-aramid threads.
• Lightweight 375gms fabric assembly
• Assembly optimised air permeability of 10 CFM – according to ASTM D 737
• High absorption rate to remove sweat quickly, high evaporation rate to drive water out, very low RET value < 5.4m2 Pa/W
• Stedair Prevent bursting strength 550N – according to ASTM D 6797
Protective clothing for firefighters. Requirements and test methods for ...
This standard specifies general performance requirements for ergonomics, safety, ...