The particulate flash hood offers complete coverage
This one-size-fits-all design offers a new level of protection from particulates.
● More than 96% filtration – Filtration efficiency increases with washes
● Exceptional breathability – The highest air permeability in the industry, doesn’t trap heat like PTFE/PU hoods
● Nanoflex – Fibre based barrier which is flexible protected by quilting
● Low noise – Unlike PTFE/PU hoods the noise levels of our hood is very low
● Outer shell DWR finish – Allows hood to dry faster, reducing toxic residue build-up
+ 3-Layer quilted composite Durable Water Resistant finish on exterior layer of jersey knit with Nomex® Nano Flex particulate barrier between the layers of jersey knit. Averages 95% – 98% particulate filtration efficiency and improves with repeated laundering.
Durable water resistant finish
Outer shell fabric features a proprietary DWR finish which allows hood to dry 2x-3x faster than non-treated fabrics, reduces build-up of toxic residue that is easily absorbed by non-treated fabrics and enhances the release of contaminates during washing.
Stitch types and seams
● All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED STD-751)
● Major seams are flat seam assembled with stitch type 607.
● Elastic around face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover stitch type 406.
● Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch type 406.
● Quilted 3-layer composite BarriAireTM Gold fabric with rib knit around face opening, on crown of head, and gusseted shoulders – weight 235gsm.
● Sure-Fit panel provides improved comfort, fit and performance. 4” wide rib knit begins at face opening and extends 10” over the crown of head. The quilted panel continues to the bottom of the hood where it widens to 9”.
● For contoured fit, hood is seamed from top of face opening to back bottom hem.
● Face opening is circular and serged with x-heavy duty 1⁄2” wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded under 1⁄2” and cover-stitched. The face opening stretches to 16” (25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated laundering.
● Rib knit gusset added at side seams to provide complete shoulder coverage and smoother drape.
● Bottom hem of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
The user should check for themselves the compatibility of the hood with their own equipment.
Be sure to inspect your protective hood before and after each operation or training exercise.
Any hood damage (burns, holes, open seams, loss of elasticity, tear) will effectively negate the protection under this standard.
Protective clothing for firefighters. Requirements and test methods for ...